Applying for a mortgage in Turkey
Foreign citizens can get help financing their new home through a number of Turkish banks. Most banks offer mortgages up to 50% of the property value, and some of them offer loans for their customers in dollars, euros or pounds.
The term of the mortgage is a maximum of ten years. Some banks also offer construction loans to buyers whose homes are still under construction. A guarantee from the construction company is normally required in these cases.
How does it work?
1. Choose your dream property from Future Homes. You can take a look at our properties here on the website, or you can contact us and talk to our local experts who know the area that you are interested in.
2. After agreeing to the terms and conditions in your contract, you will have to make copies of all these necessary documents to apply for a mortgage:
- ID (Valid passport)
- Tax number * (You can read more about how to get a tax ID number further down on this page)
- Address certificate
- Specification of your salary (Recently Issued)
3. An application is made for your mortgage. You will be notified if your application has been approved within 24 hours.
We cooperate with several different banks in Turkey, and thanks to our good partnership they can offer our customers very favorable terms and conditions.
*Obtaining a tax ID number is a relatively simple procedure. You need to visit a local tax office on site and apply for a tax ID number. The only documents you need is your passport and a copy of your passport. The registration is free of charge and it will also qualify for opening a bank account in Turkey.